Wednesday 8 September 2010

Two Years In Missions!


This month I am remembering you, my family, friends and supporters, and giving thanks to the Lord for His continued faithfulness to me in these last two years of ministry in global missions as a Mission Partner of Westgate Chapel!

As I remember, only two years ago I set out in response to the Lord’s call to go to the nations to share His glory, releasing my timeline to Him and willing to go without a defined plan for a return home.

My time in Chengdu, China was full of opportunities to share the Good News of Jesus. Many seeds were planted and God has brought forth fruit of lives changed and hearts turned to Him.

After spending a year in China, the Lord led me to England to work with Youth With A Mission (YWAM) at Holmsted Manor. Staffing for a six-month missions Discipleship Training School (DTS), I was part of a leadership team discipling 22 students from around the world, and co-led a two-month outreach back to Chengdu, China where God opened many doors of fruitful ministry!

Most recently, the Lord had increased my scope of influence as I have accepted the role as School Leader for the January 2011 DTS at Holmsted Manor. In the coming months I will be planning and making all the preparations for this school.

In December I will be visiting home for the month to renew my visa, catch up with family, friends & supporters. I will be in touch with some of you to set up times to get together. Then I’ll return to England in time to train the staff for the DTS and being the school by mid-January. The DTS will conclude in June, bringing me nearly through my third year abroad!

Thank you for joining me in this mission and ministry! It is because of you that I am able to  continue in what the Lord has called me to do. I couldn’t do it without you!

Gratefully, in His Grace & Peace,

Amanda

2 comments:

  1. It's always great to hear the amazing things you've doing. Thanks for the updates, and it'll be fun to follow your adventures here on the blog, too! Much love! - Daytona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, God has used you to reach the nations! Congratulations on two years on the mission field! It will be fun to read what God has planned for your future!

    ReplyDelete